Se necesita EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – LAW FIRMCPIM GroupSan Isidro ,Lima
· As an Executive Assistant, you'll provide diversified administrative support to a variety of client-serving and Core Business Services (CBS) professionals, including partners and directors. You may also support service line or engagement-specific teams. In this role, you'll call on your experience, skills and knowledge, and maintains a current understanding of firm policies, procedures and practices.
· In addition, you may also collect, compile and analyze moderately complex data, and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or through others. You'll work independently, with limited supervision.
· Manage calendars and schedule meetings. Use the 'scheduler' feature for arranging group calls/meetings.
· Use firm travel and meeting tools. Follow policies and procedures to make travel/meeting arrangements. Confirm details and create itineraries.
· Apply the company branding and correspondence guidance, to format/edit letters, reports, and correspondence from draft to client-ready stage. Become knowledgeable of firm mailing/delivery processes.
· Maintain documents on appropriate file servers and repositories. Learn and adhere to Company's records retention policies.
· Proactively develop relationships with key internal/external client contacts, gaining recognition as a team resource.
· Help with project plans for small project teams, in local and virtual team settings.
· With guidance, may manage certain administrative aspects of client engagements.
· Collaborate with colleagues to recommend most cost-effective ways to complete tasks. Apply and share knowledge gained about work processes, resources, and structure and business of the firm/service line/functional group.
· Develop and demonstrate solid knowledge of firm-wide and service line-specific tools, processes, and databases. These include the Standard Tracking and Reporting System (STARS), Global Tool for Acceptance (GTAC), Global Accounting and Auditing Information Tool (GAAIT), Tax Practice Guidance & Tool (TPG&T), eDocs, and internal accounting tools such as iClick and Global Financial Information System (GFIS).
· Use Company’s core technology applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Lotus Notes. May act as a knowledge resource in one or more of these programs, and train others.
· Resolve straight-forward to moderately complex problems and issues, under general supervision.
· Use appropriate judgment and knowledge of firm policies, when sharing sensitive information.
· Handle administrative details and routine issues independently, and take responsibility for completing these on time, to a high quality.
· Proactively notify the appropriate individual on issues of quality, confidentiality, or risk.
· Collaborate with colleagues to understand client needs and requirements. This will include working with virtual teams.
· Anticipate and respond to changing situations. Encourage and help others to do the same.
· Effectively manage conflicting priorities. This involves organizing your workflow, and teaming with colleagues to accomplish tasks and balance workloads.
· Develop and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the firm's structure, service lines, key personnel, and policies and procedures.
TO QUALIFY, CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
· Associate's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
· A minimum of 2+ years of related experience.
· English language skills – excellent written and verbal communication.
· Effective interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
· Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to quality.
· Proficiency with automated calendar management tools, e.g., Outlook