Se necesita Administrador de sistemas con habilidades de programación – Trabajo remoto, Lima
Blobfish is a small (but growing) company, located in Campoy, San Juan de Lurigancho, Lima. Specialized in PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and now we are looking for a person with a system administrator with programming skills background to help us to maintain our own systems as well as the systems for our clients. With us you will have the chance to become a real sysadmin specialist as we always favor the work on the details over simple speed to deliver.
Requested applicant profile Required background
- Good experience with Linux and comfort working from a CLI.
- Very good level in at least one programming language, e.g. C, C++, PHP, Java, Perl, Python, etc.
- Shell scripting (e.g. Bash).
- Familiarity with common Linux services (e.g. Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, Postfix, Dovecot, MySQL).
- Strong experience with versioning control systems (e.g. Git).
- Networking (TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, etc.)
Note that there is no requirement for having any formal studies completed.
- Decent level writing and reading in English.
- Proactivity and responsibility.
- Comfort for self-learning.
- Structured approach for solving problems.
Note that there will always be plenty of time for calmly investigating how to perform the following tasks.
- Infrastructure management:
- Hypervisor management (e.g. Proxmox VE).
- Keep systems (mostly Linux) up to date writing procedures for manual or automated upgrades.
- Set up centralized management for several systems (mainly Linux based).
- Manage any type of service (mostly Linux based).
- Network management (e.g. firewall).
- Management of monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios Core).
- Some office hardware management (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
- Deep analysis and full understanding (to the source code level) of third party open source services (e.g. NGINX).
- Third party code debugging and patching in any programming language.
- Programming and scripting mainly for infrastructure oriented tasks (e.g. scripts for automating backups).
Proposed work conditionsWorking hours
- Remote work hours are from Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm, but the work schedule is completely flexible, provided that the work hours are completed during the week and the proposed objectives are achieved.
- The salary for the first month (trial period) will be S/.2,500 but it could increase depending on the person's performance.
- Initially it is required that the applicant use his own computer. Later a computer will be provided.
- Having a reliable Internet connection at home.