PROXIMITY PERU S.A.C.
We are Proximity, a Software Development Company. Our main operation is based on San Jose, Costa Rica, and we have a second delivery center in Lima, Peru. We focus on providing specialized outsourcing technology services to clients in the USA and Canada.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will also work with backend developers to understand the data structure being represented in page design.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS. (Gulp familiarity a plus)
- Good understanding of AngularJS and Angular
- Good understanding of Bootstrap
- Good understanding of NodeJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN and Git
Benefits we offer:
- Medical Insurance (Costa Rica) / EPS (Peru)
- Work from home.
- Flexible Schedules.
- Snacks, fruit and beverages, all free!
- Amazing organizational culture.
- Challenging projects using the latest technologies with clients from the US and Canada.
- Ping-Pong table and tournaments